Monday, May 26, 2014

Looking for Security: We Can Be Our Own Safe Places

 

I, like many others, thought that my security came from someone else. What I couldn’t understand was that I already had everything I needed to be safe and secure inside. We all do.
...
My mom died in 2011 and suddenly the place I called home didn’t exist anymore. I had no base, no safe place, and no rock solid security. I was flying over an ocean with no land in sight.
...
I haven’t figured it all out yet. I still grieve for my mother and feel lost at sea at times. While learning to live with the instability, I have come to see that my mother was my safety net but I have been my own home base all along.

...

I have been on my own for a long time. I can take care of myself. I am my own home base. I did not need my mom. I just liked having her there.

There is a saying, “no man is an island,” meaning that we all need others. We cannot stand all alone.

While it is true that we are social beings and we need others to survive, we all are own safe places. We do not need to depend on others. We can stand on our own two feet and establish our own home bases. We can make it alone; we just like having loved ones with us.

Read more: http://tinybuddha.com/blog/looking-for-security-we-can-be-our-own-safe-places/

No comments: